Hi Blogworld!!!!! I am back. Yes. It has been over a year since I did anything on this website. It has been hard. To start with, let me tell you that my life has changed from being single to being married, and a dad of a beautiful baby daughter. It is hard to summarize all the events that happened in the past one year, but here is it in a nutshell.
- Sometime in July 2004: My girlfriend for over a year H and I discover she is pregnant!!!!! So much for unprotected.....you know what.
- Sometime in August 2004: The most difficult thing for me was to drop the bomb on my parents and my friends. Maybe its because of my cultural background, maybe its my pride, but whatever......I did bite the bullet. H's parents are the best in the world. Being ardent followers of Christ, Holy Maccaroneeee, they let a country Indian marry their precious daughter. As for my parents, there was some soreness, but they (and I) have patched up, and things are good for now.
- November 13, 2004: H and I got married at her church amidst friends, and her family. My family unfortunately could not make it.
- Christmas 2004: H runs into some complications. Mysteriously she bleeds on Christmas night. The doctor puts her in complete bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. Oddly enough (and very good for us), she never bleeds again. The kiddo is fine, it never knows everything going outside its world. We decide not to know what sex the baby is, until delivery, much to the chagrin of H and her mom. Apparently, they need to "plan" for the baby. Hello???? Are we missing something? Last time I checked, this baby was not planned:-).
- 2004-2005: The year goes by without any special things. I am still in school. H is getting bigger. The thought of having the baby gives us the chills. But we have the best support system we can ever ask for, in our friends and family. Thank god for them.
- March 19, 2005: Asha Jean Jayamohan was born to us at 0126hrs. 7lbs 13oz. 21". Both mom and kid are healthy. I couldnt be a happier man. Mannnnnnnn, I am a dad. There is living thing that is going to (hopefully) depend on H and me for a long long time from now. Amazing.......
- May 10, 2005: The end of a very hard and demanding semester at school. Happy to get rid of the heavy load. I found it is a li'l difficult to manage studies and be a dad of a newborn. But it was interesting. I cannot just describe the feeling of being a dad, and that too, to an angel like Asha. She is my little princess.
- July 12, 2005: Still a student worker. Working full time to make ends meet. The going is getting tougher. But I will hang on. One unsuccessful attempt at getting my work permit has left H with no confidence in this system. Let us see what the government does to us now. But nothing seems to worry me now, when I look at my daughter. She is all grown up now, and growing.....quickly.
So to all you out there, have a great summer, stay cool, and take care......~ciao.